24 Oct Responsive Websites vs. Mobile Sites vs. Mobile Apps
For those who are want to know the difference between a responsive website, mobile site and mobile apps, in terms of creating the best online presence, here’s a brief summary what points out the benefits and draw backs depending on your business needs.
In essence, all three platforms are effective in providing an online presence; however this will help you make your own decision on which platform is right for you.
RESPONSIVE WEB DESIGN
- Retains formatted layouts, content and image quality
- Reduces excessive scrolling, pinching or zooming
- Adapts to mobile devices
- Allows automatic optimization
- Promotes user engagement
- Increase visitor-to –buyer conversion rates
- Designed to include crucial functions and features
- Allows content prioritization for mobile phones
- Bars, tabs and buttons are used; no hyperlinks to promote using your fingers.
- Requires less graphics due to smaller screen space
- Offers the use of geo-location services or support
- Offers offline access
- Provides easy purchasing options
- Captures data for personalization through notifications
- Offers specific features including GPS, camera and touch screen gestures
- Reduce user data cost with flexible synchronization
- Can be updated to continue responsive activity on operating systems